Forbes partner ICO Civil failed to raise $8 Million! Just 10 days ago Matt Coolidge, founder of journalism platform The Civil Media Company announced a cooperation with Forbes media giant. The collaboration was a “milestone for the block chain-based journalism,” said Coolidge on Medium.
The joy, however, was only of short duration. The blockchain startup www.Civil.co failed to reach the $8 million soft cap and canceled the ICO. Seems to be the end of the days when promoters simply had to hint at collaborations with established companies to impress investors.
Civil CEO Matthew Iles said it was probably too complicated to buy tokens. However, there were more problems as it was not clear why blockchain would be used. ICO projects fail all the time, of course.
But Civil’s stumble is particularly notable because the platform recently grabbed headlines due to its partnership with the two mainstream media organisations. Obviously ICO investors becoming more selective in general. First signs that we are back to a kind of normal.
Source: www.BTC-Echo.de, CCN.com
Top expert Chris Hager, CTO of Red Pulse, recently organised a Neo-meetup in Vienna, Austria together with Dean van Dugteren, Nikolaj Kuntner and Erik van den Brink.
What is Neo – Slides: http://bit.ly/2rvNJud
Why is Neo great and will have even brighter future:
- ICOs can be done on Neo!
- Very clever alternative to #Ethereum
- Smart Consenus mechanism
- CityofZion (CoZ) is global, true open source community for Neo under MIT license! https://lnkd.in/eV-mW8q worth watching in full!
- Governing system is unique and very advanced. Meant to be lean.
- Neo Coin shows excellent performance although still in development phase. It´s not meant to be a coin for trading. It´s meant to support coding!
- Neo is still a very young child which needs a lot of care and attention!
As I speak some mandarin (我也会说汉语) I see lots of support for Neo on WeChat, the Chinese equivalent of Whatsapp.
Neo Team: Neo founder Hongfei DA co-founder Erik Zhang City of Zion: Fabio Cesar Canesin other team members: 陶荣祺 Tony Tao, Malcolm Lerider
Disclaimer: I have no contractual relation with Neo. My focus is to support blockchain use cases with a #ReturnOnSociety